APPLY FOR A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT
These are the minimal submission requirements. The Board of Adjustment may require additional information. You are encouraged to submit copies of available property surveys, recorded easements etc.
Instructions for Filing an Application:
- The petitioner for a conditional use permit must complete the application in full. The application will not be processed unless all information is provided.
- An accurate plot plan of the property in question must accompany the application. The plot must be drawn by a registered land surveyor, licensed engineer, or licensed architect. The drawing should include:
- North arrow, scale and date;
- Extent of area to be developed;
- Locations and widths of all easements and rights-of-way within or adjacent to the site;
- Location of all existing or proposed structures on the site;
- Location of all areas on the site subject to flood hazard or inundation as shown on flood maps or soil maps;
- Location of all water courses on the site, including direction flow;
- Existing topography at a contour interval of five (5) feet based on mean sea level datum;
- Proposed or existing fencing, screening, gates, parking, service, and storage areas;
- Access to the site including sight distances of all roads used for access;
- Architectural elevations of all structures proposed to be used in the development;
- Names and addresses of owners and applicants;
- A fee, as set by the Town Council yearly in the Schedule of Fees.
NOTE: The Board of Adjustment reserves the right to require additional information where such submission is necessary to insure compliance with applicable criteria in the individual case.
- The petitioner shall submit to the Planning Department a list of all adjoining property owners within five hundred (500) feet of the property which is the subject of the action, with the current mailing address of each. Written notice shall be sent to all property owners not less than ten (10) days before the hearing date. Adjacent property owners are those whose property lies within five hundred (500) feet of the affected property and whose names and addresses are currently listed in the Wilkes County tax records.
- The applicant shall submit the following with the application and the plan:The application must be signed by those who are authorized to appeal to the Board of Adjustment for a conditional use permit.
- Tax Map
- Tax Card
- For more information and assistance, call the Town of Wilkesboro Director of Planning at (336)838-3951 or email.