PLANNING BOARD BOARD MEMBERS
Last updated 06/27/2017
Claude C. Faw III - Chair
Jim Trice - Member
Adina Watkins - Member
Chuck Forester - Member
Tom Caudill - Member
Steve Walter - ETJ Member
Bruce Eilert - ETJ Member
Harold "Bud" Smith - ETJ Member
Chris Steele - ETJ Member
James Cook - ETJ Member
Robert Taylor - ETJ Member
Andrew Carlton - Planning Director
Councilman Jimmy Hayes - Ex-Officio
WILKESBORO PLANNING BOARD
The Planning board is responsible for acquiring and maintaining information and materials pertaining to planning and development in order to prepare, amend, and revise comprehensive plans, studies, and development proposals. The board advises the Town Council by preparing and recommending ordinances and policies to promote orderly development that conforms to the principles and requirements of the comprehensive plan. The board consists of eleven (11) members that meet on the last Tuesday of every month.
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
AGENDAS & MINUTES
We use an outside software to house our Agendas and Minutes called ImageSilo.
Please print this page for the instructions that are listed below.
1. An image is listed below with login information and this login information must be entered to grant access.
The software can be assessed by clicking here and will appear in the user's internet browser.
ImageSilo Login Information:
The entity Id is 8384
The user name is user
The password is user
2. Press the Login button when user information is entered. Another screen will open with a menu on the left.
3. Click on the Downloads button on left menu.
4. Press the Install Now button for ImageSilo Web Assistant application. Once the application is installed, continue to next step.
5. Click on the Available Projects button on the left menu. The user will see the folders, Agendas & Minutes of the Board of Commissioners and Town Council. The governing body changed their name in July 2004 from Board of Commissioners to Town Council; therefore, minutes after July 2004 are listed in the Minutes of the Town Council folder.
6. Click on the agenda or minutes folder and he/she will search in this folder only. The search screen is below. The user has search options by date(s) or keyword(s). If the user leaves the search options empty, he/she will get all documents filtered by dates. Look at the top center for the arrows for more documents.
Hint: Be sure to use the Clear Criteria button before entering information for the next search.
7. Press the Search button. Another screen will appear with the search results. These results will be by dates or something that looks like this, see below. Don't worry, you have not done anything wrong. It is how keyword searches display. This screen list the date and the first page of text, which is our title page.
8. Double click on a search item whether it is a date or full text search results. The document will open in a new internet screen/tab with the menu below.
9. For further help to search a document, hover the curser over the options at top of the document page for more detail. Greyed out buttons are disabled and cannot be used for task you are attempting.
WILKESBORO PLANNING BOARD
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
Regular meetings of the Planning Board shall be held on the last Tuesday of each month at 5:00 pm at the Wilkesboro Town Hall provided that, if the Chairman so directs, meetings may be held at any other time or place in the Town. Absence from three or more consecutive meetings or six meetings within the space of a year shall be deemed sufficient cause to ask for that member’s resignation.
Special meetings of the Planning Board may be called at any time by the Chairman, provided that timely notice is given to each member.
Whenever there is no business for the Planning Board, the Chairman may dispense with a regular meeting by giving timely notice to all members.